Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Swift Dust Socks

As I was wandering around blogland on the internet highway, I came across a "more complicated that it really should be" post on how to turn discarded/cheap chenille socks into resuable static swiffer cloths.  Wanting to recreate those socks, my first stop was of course Biglots and as luck would have it, they were selling what I can only think was their christmas stock chenille socks at a really low price.  So I managed to score 3 pairs at $3....$1 a sock!


BUT instead of a laborious cutting and sewing session...I simply pulled the ever-so-stretchy sock over the swiffer base and voila! One instant machine washable swiffer static cloth!




5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am totally going to try this!! brilliant!! I have a pair of these actually and they're way too hot for my feet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have seen this before I donated a million pair about a month ago. I'm sure I will get more for Christmas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bunch from last years Christmas buying. They don't fit me well. I will need to try this. What a great idea if it really works! I will need to share with my sister. Wow! Thank you for sharing. I added this to my pinboard on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please forgive my ignorance... but this is used to clean the carpet?? :-S

    thanks,
    Flor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea! I have a few laying around in my drawer, way too hot for my feet and now they will be put to good use. Thanks so much.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete