Hello everyone, I hope that you all went to Starbucks with your refillable mug today to get your free coffee? I certainly did! And don't forget that if you go to Lowes tomorrow, they are giving away free trees.....yep, FREE TREES! Of course I had the wrong information and went this morning.....but at least I got to peruse the vegetable plants in relative peace and quiet.
I have had a brainstorming session recently with ways to reuse and recycle some common household goods but in the meantime I will leave you with some ways to get ecofriendly with your morning Starbucks order...
1. Did you know that you can order your drink in an actual ceramic mug! Of course, this only works if you are going to be drinking your beverage in-house but I thought I would voice that option.
2. And if you are drinking your beverage in-house, then that muffin you ordered can be put on a ceramic plate instead of in a paper bag.
3. My local branch has a basket at the end of the counter filled with used grounds for your garden. Best part is that it is FREE, like all the time. Go and look to see if you can score some.
4. Ask a crafty friend or yourself to knit/make/create a hot beverage holder.....just reducing that small piece of cardboard can make all the difference.
5. If you are getting a second cup, get a refill....not only will you save money, (refills are cheaper!), you save the wastage of the second cup.
6. Bring your own travel mug.....you save money (about 10 cents a cup) and you will feel amazing about not using a disposable one!